New?

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ruth from the Bible and Other Spiritual Revelations

Spiritual Sunday

Before I get into what I learned from Ruth I want to discuss the unrest that I have found happens in my very soul when I do not spend time meditating and connecting to the spirit within. It is nothing short of night and day in how I handle different situations. It is a necessity to find the quiet place that exists in every one of us and to find the peacefulness that rules us. It is important to remember that we are in control of our emotions not our emotions in control of us. When we allow our emotions to overrule our thoughts we create a recipe for hurt feelings and out of control actions.

Now on to Ruth. The essence of the story comes down to a woman who followed her heart and had faith in where God would lead her. She had the courage to ignore the hatred heaped upon foreigners and married the man she fell in love with. Upon his death she followed her mother in law to the hated country only to make a new life there. This she did although fearful of what she would come to find. Her faith allowed her to have a life that was beyond her wildest dreams.

I have learned that if we allow ourselves to step out of our comfort zone and follow what we know to be our true path then we will have success beyond our wildest dreams. That success will come in many forms, but it will come by our own standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment