New?

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Creating a Routine

Toss and Tidy Thursday

This week I want you to work on your kitchen and your master bedroom. I chose these two rooms because: in order to make nutritious meals at home you must have a clean kitchen and in order to have some sense of peace in our lives it helps to have our bedrooms be our place of rest and not chaos.



I am cleaning challenged. I know that there are others out there like me. I have tried many different techniques with trying to get control of my ability (of lack there of) to keep my house clean. So I've come up with a plan to help create a more managable way to clean the house. This week's assignments are the first real step to more organization.

In the kitchen, the assignment is to keep the sink and counters clean. The plan is to use a timer for 10-15 minute intervals throughout the day until this area is clean. Try to keep it clean throughout the day by cleaning the dishes instead of just laying them in the sink (I don't have a dishwasher). If that's not possible, then I'll set aside 10-15 minutes after each meal to do a quick clean up. Before bed I will take 5 minutes to do a quick clean up and wipe down the sink as well. Each of the three oldest kids will be assigned two nights a week to help with the dinner dishes. One day a week will be an overall kitchen cleanup.



In the bedroom, I will make my bed. Yes, it's that simple.I will make the bed up as soon as I get out of bed. If hubby or a kid or two are still in it then it will be made up as soon as they have vacated the area. I will do a quick sweep and dusting at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment