New?

Friday, January 8, 2010

Family Friday

Today's post started out as some long drawn out article only to be cut short by no school today. It snowed last night so all of my children were bursting at the seems to get outside before breakfast. I know I should have made them eat first but they were so excited that I couldn't say no. Before I could even get my clothes on this morning they were dressed in layer upon layer of clothing, coats zipped, scarves, hats and gloves on. So my advice for today's family Friday is to take advantage of life's unexpected moments(something I'm still learning). These are the moments the kids will remember. We even managed to collect some snow and make snow ice cream. I got mixed reactions from the kids. Some loved it, some didn't like it at all.


Here's the recipe: 1 gallon of snow, 1 can of condensed milk, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tbsp. of vanilla and a tbsp. of salt. Mix the sugar, salt, vanilla and snow together then slowly stir in the milk. Eat immediately if possible.


My youngest showing me his "snowballs".




My two boys and the youngest girl. Notice the little ones hat covered in snow? His sister is to thank for that.




The one leaning into the box is the oldest. She found more snow to throw at everyone. The others are quickly trying to get her.

 
My oldest daughter is coming after me with more snowballs.



My youngest is pondering 'skating' on the ice in the swimming pool. I'm about to get pegged with yet another snowball.

1 comment:

  1. They look so cute and look like they are having a ball. :o)

    ReplyDelete