New?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Real Life Checks In

Yesterday started my official "mommy makeover" and all I have to say is that you have to be thankful for what you accomplish and let the rest go. What did I accomplish? Well my to-do list is over here. The reality is that maybe I achieved half. Well sort of.

I washed three loads of laundry, dried two and folded zero. Yeah, I know. But right now clean laundry is clean laundry. Today will include folding and for me to spend at least 30 minutes ironing because ironing a new shirt every freaking morning is getting old. Not to mention I don't do quite as good a job when I'm rushed. Everyone's life is easier if all clothes are clean and ready for them to pull out of their closets.  But now I'm rambling.

I did make my bed and as I write this post I have already made my bed for today.
Spent 10 min in the kitchen instead of 30. But I'm not going to have a hissy fit about it. Today is a new day and I have set my alarm to tell me to stop writing and go clean the kitchen.

As for writing, I completed two blog posts. One for Mommy Makeover and one for Operation: Ditch the Junk Food. Other than that, writing was a bust.

Lastly I packed lunches for everyone. That was a new experience. I am normally throwing stuff into lunchboxes the morning of and hoping I have enough stuff for each person.

Lessons learned:

  • I have to start my day sooner than 10AM. 
  • I have to stay off of random homemaking blogs. (Or at least set a timer) I go online to read one post and 2-3 hours later I'm reading something I found three blogs ago. 
  • Set a timer for Facebook. While a complete ban of Facebook would possibly be ideal, I belong to several weight loss, writing and other groups where I go to for support. 
  • Remind myself that tasks like sweeping the floor or organizing one drawer probably don't take as long as I think they will. Just set a timer and work as fast as I can.
  • Block off my time. Just like a school day is scheduled in blocks of time, it would be greatly beneficial for me to do the same. I'm thinking something in general like between 8AM and 10AM I do housework stuff. Then I exercise, then from noon to 2:30pm I write. Just a thought.
Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment