New?

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Kicking Myself (or not)

Life often gets in the way of the best laid plans. Hubby had me on a mission yesterday so, other than blogging and doing a load of dishes, I got nothing done. Anyone else ever start working on one thing, leave the room to put something away and then start doing something else in the other room only to realize that you left the original mess unfinished? Maybe it's just me.

I've decided to alter my goals for this week due to the fact that I have to finish my project for my PAYING client. It's called priorities and because this particular payment will go towards one specific bill I need to get it completed ASAP.

I will tackle my sink, counter tops and stove top in order to keep my promise to cook all of our meals at home. I will set the timer so that I spend no more than 30 minutes at a time on this task. Every night I will make sure that each of these surfaces are free of clutter and wiped down.

On the laundry front I have  amended my plan to include one load of clothes per day which includes folding, putting them away and ironing where needed. I will also put a load of towels in every night before bed so that they are ready to go into the dryer first thing in the morning. There is nothing like getting ready to take a shower only to realize there are ZERO clean towels. Not even a hand towel available. And I won't even mention the whole "how come I don't have clean underwear" discussion that my husband has almost given up on me.

Not sure if anyone is reading but this has definitely given me a perspective of how I use my day and how procrastinating can and will bite me in the butt because there are always unexpected things that will pop up.

On a side note, I'm putting myself on a thrift store ban. I love buying stuff that I can rework/reuse but more often than not they end up as clutter until I either get around to refurbishing them or the get donated to Goodwill. For the entire month of January (starting today) I am no longer allowed inside a thrift store or Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment