New?

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Are You Ready to Tackle the Mommy Makeover Challenge?

Do you feel as if life is passing you by and one day drags into the other? Do you sometimes yell at your babies or just wish everyone would leave you alone? Maybe you don't recognize the person in the mirror or your marriage is hanging by a thread. I'm not claiming that I am an expert but I will admit that I have been the mom that didn't want to drag herself off the couch, fed her kids pop tarts or grits for two or three meals in a row because it was just easier, cried herself to sleep or just cried all day and yes there were numerous days that I never saw the inside of the shower.. It took a while to pull myself out of that hole that I had sunk into. I had no friends or family nearby and I know that I was a horrible mother during that time. What  I want you to know is that you're not alone. 

I am no longer that woman. I do still struggle with my attitude about housework. That is a work in progress. I do still struggle with keeping my patience when all of the kids come at me at once. But today I have a mostly clean home, I am moving a little each day, I create meal plans, coupon, greet my kids with a smile after school and try to give them my complete attention with they are home. I no longer wait days to take a shower but I don't always put on makeup or fix my hair beyond a ponytail. That is something I want to work on.

I've put together this blog to help those that are looking for help and looking for hope. There weren't a lot of blogs out there when my oldest two were little and the feeling of loneliness, failure and often times pure despair were just overwhelming. 


You are not alone. You can change. You are worth it. Your kids are worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment